Honors, Awards & Speaking Engagements
Honors and Awards
Kids II and Bright Starts announce Mary Ann Wasil to be 2011 Pink Power Super Mom. Visit their site to learn more. You can also read the press release and view the pictures from the event, which included special guest Marcia Cross.
The WNBA’s New York Liberty honors Get In Touch Founder with “Women Who Inspire” award. Read the press release.
The United Way of Milford honors Mary Ann with the 2012 Distinguished Service Award.
Get In Touch Founder Mary Ann Wasil won the 2010 Oprah Magazine CoverGirl Giving Beautiful Back Award.
Mary Ann’s inspirational story of how she gives beautiful back to the community was featured in the February 2010 issue of O.
Mary Ann is a dynamic and accomplished public speaker and has been the keynote speaker at various school nursing conferences, nationally and internationally, including:
- 2010 Overseas School Health Nurses Association Conference in Kaiserslautern, Germany
- 2010 New England School Nurses Association Conference
- 2010 CT School Nurse Supervisor’s Conference
- 2010 Norwalk, CT School Nurse Conference
- 2010 West Haven, CT School Nurse Conference
- 2010 Virginia Association of School Nurses Conference
- 2011 International School Nurses of Asia Conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2011 American Cooperative School of Tunis Conference in Tunis, Tunisia
- 2011 National Associaton of School Nurses Conference, Washington, DC
- 2012 National Association of School Nurses Conference, San Francisco, CA
- 2012 Maine School Nurse Summer Institute
- 2013 National Association of School Nurses Conference, Orlando, FL
- 2013 Virginia Department of Education Summer Institue for School Nursing
“Mary Ann crosses all cultural barriers as she inspires others with her story. The positive attitude and energy she brings empowers women and girls – not only on the topic of breast health, but on a holistic scale for a joyous life.
Mary Ann worked with international school nurses from a dozen different countries at the International School Nurses of Asia Conference, March 2011.
As the keynote speaker she set the tone with her hope, her energy and her inspiration. The tools she provides to school nurses have made it possible to us to make a positive difference in the lives of young women across the region.”
Linda See, RN, NCSN
Health Care Coordinator
Ampang Campus, International School of Kuala Lumpur
If you are interested in booking Mary Ann to speak at your School Nurse Conference – locally, nationally or internationally – please contact us.
“Making her mess her message”
Mary Ann’s powerful testimony of survival and “making her mess her message” by starting a grassroots non-profit organization with an educational initiative making global impact also makes her a sought-after keynote speaker for various events, and have included:
- 2013 “An Evening with the Author,” Thomas E. Golden, Jr. Center at Saint thomas More, Catholic Chapel at Yale University, New Haven, CT
- 2013 Kids II & Bright Starts “Pink Power Mom” Summit, Atlanta, GA
- 2012 “Get In Touch with Breast Health,” Senior Class, Bunnell High School, Stratford, CT
- 2012 Relay for Life, Stratford, CT
- 2011 “A Diary of Healing” exhibit Colleges Against Cancer, Yale University, New Haven, CT
- 2011 “Get In Touch with Breast Health,” Middlesex Hospital Cancer Center, Middletown, CT
- 2011 “An Evening of Celebration and Hope for Breast Cancer Survivors,” St. Raphael Hospital, New Haven, CT
- 2011 Garden International School, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2010 “A Diary of Healing” exhibit/lecture at the Thomas E. Golden, Jr. Center at Saint Thomas More, Catholic Chapel at Yale University, New Haven, CT
- 2010 “Inventors, Dreamers & Entrepreneurs” lecture for GETSET! at the University of Hartford, CT
- 2010 Relay For Life, Amity, CT
- 2010 Mother/Daughter Tea, Waltersville School, Bridgeport, CT
- 2010 Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority Prayer Vigil, Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, CT
- 2010 California Women’s Conference, Long Beach, CA
- 2009 “Survivor Celebration,” Greenwich Hospital, Greenwich, CT
- 2009 Bic World, Shelton, CT
- 2009 Relay For Life, North Haven, CT