The Daisy Wheel© and App
The Daisy Wheel©
Give our Daisy Wheel a spin (click just above or below the cut-out petal) to see our "8 Tips" for "8-Straight" years of the Get In Touch Girls' Program.
Although you can't see it here, the back of the Daisy Wheel has corresponding diagrams to match each 'petal." We wanted you to get the idea and see how easy it is to do a BSE - for life!
If you are a School Nurse or Health Educator, sign your school up now!
If you're a student and want the program at your school - tell your School Nurse or Health Educator to "get in touch" with us or sign up right here on our website.
FYI: Requests keep coming in from medical centers, cancer centers and breast centers - all interested in obtaining Daisy Wheels for their breast cancer patients. Providing Daisy Wheels to women being treated for breast cancer allows these women to share the important knowledge of BSE with their loved ones. While Daisy Wheels are provided to schools at no cost, they are available for purchase through this form or by contacting us at 203.283.5127.
Thanks for joining us as we "change the world one girl at a time!"
Translate these tips into your language:
Daisy Wheel 8 Tips
1. BSE Breast Self Exam - Think of your breast as a daisy.
2. Look at your breasts in the mirror â€“ hands on hips â€“ tighten your chest. Anything weird? Discharge, puckering, dimpling?
3. Lying down, firmly press 3 fingers on your breast in a circular motion. Examine each "petal."
4. Apply 3 different levels of pressure â€“Â light, medium, firm â€“ with your finger pads to check your breast tissue.
5. Use pressure level (L, M, F) on each "petal" before moving to the next.
6. Start by your armpit and move down to just below your breast, using the same circular motion in an up and down pattern, covering your whole breast. Repeat on other breast.
7. Sitting or standing, raise your arm slightly and use the same circular motions with your finger pads to examine your underarm. (Standing in the shower is a great place to do this!)
8. Did you see or feel something that worries you? Don't be embarrassed â€“ tell your mother, father, sister, grandmother, school nurse, teacher, your BFF! Talk about it â€“ GET IN TOUCH!
Our Daisy Wheel App, available FREE on the iTunes Store, has been downloaded in the following 50 countries, so far: