The Daisy Wheel
Click on a tab to:
- See the Daisy Wheel in action
- View the images on the back of the Wheel and the “8 Tips” for how to do a BSE
- GIT your own Daisy Wheels
- Download the FREE iPhone and iPad app
Be sure to click the “Select Language” button (at the top of this page) if you’d like to read this in your language.
Give our Daisy Wheel a spin! Click just below the cut-out petal to spin the wheel and see the next step.
As shown below, the back of the Daisy Wheel has corresponding diagrams to match each “petal.” We want you to get the idea and see how easy it is to do a BSE – for life!
Daisy Wheel 8 Tips
- BSE Breast Self Exam – Think of your breast as a daisy.
- Look at your breasts in the mirror – hands on hips – tighten your chest. Anything weird? Discharge, puckering, dimpling?
- Lying down, firmly press 3 fingers on your breast in a circular motion. Examine each “petal.”
- Apply 3 different levels of pressure – light, medium, firm – with your finger pads to check your breast tissue.
- Use pressure level (L, M, F) on each “petal” before moving to the next.
- Start by your armpit and move down to just below your breast, using the same circular motion in an up and down pattern, covering your whole breast. Repeat on other breast.
- Sitting or standing, raise your arm slightly and use the same circular motions with your finger pads to examine your underarm. (Standing in the shower is a great place to do this!)
- Did you see or feel something that worries you? Don’t be embarrassed – tell your mother, father, sister, grandmother, school nurse, teacher, your BFF! Talk about it – GET IN TOUCH!
GIT your Daisy Wheels…
- School Nurses and Health Educators, sign your school up for our Girls’ Program now and get your Daisy Wheels free!
- If you’re a student and want the program at your school – tell your School Nurse or Health Educator to “get in touch” with us or sign up right here on our website.
- Medical Community, Businesses & Individuals – order daisy wheels here.
FYI: Requests keep coming in from medical centers, cancer centers and breast centers – all interested in obtaining Daisy Wheels for their breast cancer patients. Providing Daisy Wheels to women being treated for breast cancer allows these women to share the important knowledge of BSE with their loved ones. While Daisy Wheels are provided to schools at no cost, you can buy them here or by contacting us at 203.283.5127. Thanks for joining us as we “change the world one girl at a time!”