Here are some ideas for how you can GIT involved…
Brides, Grooms and Wedding Planners
- Instead of gifts, ask your wedding guests to make donations to GIT.
- Give your bridesmaids the gift of knowledge by giving them a Daisy Wheel (so they’ll be “BSE-savvy”) and a card that says you’ve made a donation to GIT in their name.
- In lieu of wedding favors, tell your guests you’ve made a donation to GIT to honor your special day.
- Grooms, host a golf outing for those trusty groomsmen and donate the equivalent of your greens fees.
- Victoria Nicole committed to making a contribution to The Get In Touch Foundation for every Victoria Nicole dress sold, in the name of the bride’s name or that of a loved one, as well as sponsor the distribution of its Daisy Wheels. Thank you, Victoria Nicole!
Athletes, Bakers, Artists and The Rest of Us
- Run a marathon and raise funds at the same time – you can create your own, fundraising page on our Crowdrise fundraising site. It’s easy – share with your social networks or just give them the link and you’re all set!
- Host a bake sale, selling pink-frosted cupcakes or cookies in the shape of daisies, or brownies with a pink ribbon on top…but don’t limit yourself to these ideas – sweets are fun, no matter what they look like.
- Invite everyone you know whose lives have been touched by breast cancer to honor their journeys by gathering together to remember, celebrate, and give.
Business Owners and Budding Entrepreneurs
- Consider donating a percentage of your sales on a given day or over the course of a month, or perhaps from the sales of one of your most popular items or services.
- Sell pink Gerbera Daisies (our favorite!) during October and donate the proceeds to us.
- Invite your customers to make a donation at the register.
- Use your pottery or art studio to host a “paint it pink” party.
- Make beaded bracelets and sell them to your friends.
- Set up a pink lemonade stand!