Honors and Awards
Bright Starts announces Mary Ann Wasil to be 2011 Pink Power Super Mom. Visit their site to learn more. You can also read the press release and view the pictures from the event including Marcia Cross.
WNBA's New York Liberty Honors Get In Touch Founder. Read the press release.
The Get In Touch Foundation Founder and Executive Director Mary Ann Wasil has won the 2010 Oprah Magazine CoverGirl Giving Beautiful Back Award. Mary Ann's inspirational story of how she gives beautiful back to the community was featured in the February 2010 issue of O.
Mary Ann is a dynamic and accomplished public speaker and has been the keynote speaker at various school nursing conferences, nationally and internationally, including:
- 2010 Overseas School Health Nurses Association Conference in Kaiserslautern, Germany
- 2010 New England School Nurses Association Conference
- 2010 CT School Nurse Supervisor's Conference
- 2010 Virginia Association of School Nurses Conference
- 2011 International School Nurses of Asia Conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2011 American Cooperative School of Tunis Conference in Tunis, Tunisia
- 2011 National Associaton of School Nurses Conference, Washington, DC
- 2012 National Association of School Nurses Conference, San Francisco, CA
- 2012 Maine Association of School Nurses Conference
- 2013 upcoming National Association of School Nurses Conference, Orlando, FL
- 2013 upcoming Virginia Association of School Nurses Conference
"Mary Ann crosses all cultural barriers as she inspires others with her story. The positive attitude and energy she brings empowers women and girls - not only on the topic of breast health, but on a holistic scale for a joyous life.
Mary Ann worked with international school nurses from a dozen different countries at the International School Nurses of Asia Conference, March 2011.
As the keynote speaker she set the tone with her hope, her energy and her inspiration. The tools she provides to school nurses have made it possible to us to make a positive difference in the lives of young women across the region."
Linda See, RN, NCSN
Health Care Coordinator
Ampang Campus, International School of Kuala Lumpur
If you are interested in booking Mary Ann to speak - locally, nationally or internationally - please contact us using this form.
"Making her mess her message"
Mary Ann's powerful testimony of survival and "making her mess her message" by starting a grassroots non-profit organization with an educational initiative making global impact also makes her a sought-after keynote speaker for various events, and have included:
- 2013 upcoming "Theology on Tap," Catholic University, Washington, DC
- 2013 Pink Power Mom Symposium, Atlanta, GA
- 2011 "A Diary of Healing" exhibit Colleges Against Cancer, Yale University, New Haven, CT
- 2011 "Get In Touch with Breast Health," Middlesex Hospital Cancer Center, Middletown, CT
- 2011 "Women's Tea," St. Raphael Hospital, New Haven, CT
- 2011 Garden International School, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2010 "A Diary of Healing" exhibit/lecture at the Thomas E. Golden, Jr. Center at Saint Thomas More, Catholic Chapel at Yale University, New Haven, CT
- 2010 Amity, CT Relay For Life
- 2009 "Survivor Celebration," Greenwich Hospital, Greenwich, CT
- 2009 Bic World, Shelton, CT
"A Diary of Healing" photo exhibit
Along with photojournalist-friend, Christopher Capozziello, Mary Ann began
documenting her journey of chemotherapy, mastectomy and reconstruction, having
been unable to find a resource that could provide the powerful imagery she
sought to help her through this difficult time.
Creating this groundbreaking series of images, "A Diary of Healing," has helped educate, comfort, and ultimately, empower women diagnosed with cancer, as well as those that love them.
"A Diary of Healing" is a 48-picture exhibit and is also available as a digital presentation.
If your organization is interested in hosting or sponsoring an exhibition, please contact Christopher Capozziello directly at email@example.com.
"A Diary of Healing" photo exhibit by Christopher Capozziello
"A Diary of Healing" video